5 DIY Pressure Washing Safety Tips
We recommend that you seek a professional pressure washing company instead of DIY pressure washing because pressure washing comprises risks for injury as well as property damage. You may lose more than what you save from your do-it-yourself effort. Our aim is not to scare you, but alert you.
Here are five tips that will reduce the likelihood of injuries and damages to the property.
1. Before initiating any task, it is important to know the risks involved and how you can avoid them. Read the manuals given with the pressure washer to know the do’s and don’ts. Then you should make a list of probable hazards and how you can avoid them.
2. Wear personal protective equipment like safety goggles,boots, safety gloves, and lower. The safety goggles will protect your eyes from heavy water force, dirt, debris, and cleaning detergent. The boots will help you avoid slippery accident and protect your feet in case the pressure washer drops from your hands. The safety gloves will protect your hands from injuries. The lower will protect your legs from debris, dust, chemical exposure, and injuries in case you slip.
3. Don’t use gas pressure washer to wash indoors. The gas pressure washer emits carbon monoxide that may cause nausea, dizziness, and headache. It is good for outer space. If you use petrol pressure washer for cleaning your indoors, then you should wear ear protection because petrol pressure washers cause loud noise that may cause ear damage.
4. Be careful about the water pressure. You cannot clean everything with the same water pressure. For example, if you are cleaning outside, you cannot apply high water pressure on the plants.
5. The engine of the pressure becomes extremely hot. So, you should not touch it.
These safety tips will reduce the DIY pressure washing risks. So do think about them seriously before beginning the job.