5 Tips to Make Your Office Clean and Green
If you want to make your office a clean and green place, you should make a clean and green policy for your office. But you cannot create the desired environment in your office, unless you get support from your staff. They will neglect your policy whenever they get an opportunity if you simply pressure them to obey your policy. Help them to understand the policy and let them know the benefit of it for their health and the environment. If they feel informed and part of the process, they will comply with your policy and help you create an awesome environment in your office.
Here are five tips to make your office clean and green:
1. Don’t use any chemical based cleaning products to clean your office. Various studies have revealed that constant exposure to toxic chemicals in cleaners may cause serious diseases, such as mesothelioma and other cancers. You have hired people to work for you and you do not want to make them ill. So, use only environmentally-friendly cleaning products.
2. Disinfect the office bathrooms. The disinfection will create a healthy work environment in your office, because an unhygienic bathroom will breed bacteria and cause illnesses in your employees.
3. Clean the office kitchen with herbal kitchen cleaners. Sinks, countertops, cabinets, microwave, and refrigerator should be properly cleaned. Make sure every corner of the kitchen is well cleaned and disinfected.
4. Don’t forget to clean the knobs on the doors and the windows, because everybody touches them. Also, clean electronic devices properly, because they attract dust. Ignoring their cleaning will make the office environment unhygienic.
5. Install garbage bins at every workstation and make sure every bin is emptied and cleaned every day.
If you don’t want to compromise on the cleanliness in your office, you should hire an experienced office cleaner for the task and tell them what you expect from them. They will create a highly clean and green environment in your office, without disrupting the work of your team.